Thursday, September 10, 2009

Another Quilting Bee 1: July Blocks













July is/was my month for Another Quilting Bee 1! WOOHOO!!! I had made a slew of 9 patch blocks for a 6 month LQS block exchange (look back here) that have been sitting peacefully in a bin, waiting to be needed. I sent out each quilter, including myself, some greens, one flower print, and a white. I asked that the sewers NOT add color, but said they could add greens. In the final quilt there will be 12 sets of 9 patch blocks that work with each set from the group. I made it quilter's choice for patten, but requested either 6.5" or 12.5" blocks.

These women are amazingly creative and the blocks I received were more then I could have ever dreamed. I can't wait to share then with you... but I am posting the blocks I made. The first is 12.5" and the other three are 6.5". The third picture is of the back of one of the small "garbage" blocks. So many seems to press... ugh!

They were fun to make... looking at the fabric as if it was to be sent to someone else and then getting to keep the blocks.

No comments: