Monday, March 16, 2009

Another Quilting Bee 1

So here are the two blocks I made for the Another Quilting Bee project. Sarah sent us the loveliest Heather Ross fabric I was so excited I could hardly wait to get off the plane Saturday, get home, the kids in bed and start sewing.

I am not 100% pleased with my blocks. I got confused with the size, making them more wide then tall. To make up for this I had trouble filling out the sides. The one has really "thin" edges that may get lost when worked into the finished quilt, but I hate to ask for more fabric to rework/remake the blocks. I have never done free-form sewing like this before... I am sure it will be FINE... it is just like me to over think the finished product.

What do you think? I really hope Sarah likes them!!!

1 comment:

Sarah C said...

I actually really love the blocks that you made up for me!!! I love to see how each person works with the fabric in a different way.

But I want you to be happy with your block...so if you want more fabric let me know!!! I have extra and it can be in the mail tomorrow!!!